|7pm Doors open
||Hosted by Trish Crawford
||Coffee/Tea/Squash & biscuits available throughout the evening.
|7.20pm DAAS updates
- DAAS Membership The membership scheme is not continuing after 31st
March. It may be re-introduced later in the year. The Bournemouth group are introducing a per meeting charge of £2, however due to United Church regulations, we can't do this in Dorchester. We'd therefore like to encourage anyone who has been to more than 2 meetings to give a £2 donation per meeting. This donation is voluntary.
- Tony Attwood - Skills & Strategies in ASD Convention, Southampton – 9th May 2018
A reminder about this convention. Tickets are still available through www.mindsenseability.co.uk
- ASD and Sensory Processing Workshop Durweston, Blandford 25 April. A Curly Hair Project workshop open to autistic people and friends and family. Visit thegirlwiththecurlyhair.co.uk/events or Sign up on their website.
Discussion: The future of the group, and what you would like to get from our meetings.
Questions to consider:
- Why do you come to the group and what do you find helpful?
- What format would you prefer meetings to take - discussions, invited speaker, mixture of the two?
- How can we make the meetings more autistic friendly?
- How can we ensure that autistic people and friends, family and carers are supported?
- Would you be prepared to help run the group? This could be making drinks, welcoming people, hosting meetings.
- Any other questions you'd like to raise.
|And Finally .....
||Time to network, chat, seek advice or help, bring news to the group etc.
|End of meeting
||Grateful thanks for helping us ready the Café for the following morning :)
||DAAS West is a small and welcoming group. You can just listen; observe; join in & take part; get up and move about; come and go at your leisure; whichever feels comfortable for you. You are kindly asked to sign the register as per compliance with Fire regulations.
|Can I Attend?
||DAAS & DAAS West meetings are open to those on the spectrum both diagnosed and undiagnosed plus carers, friends & family.